photos: Ginny Barnette (location), Bartosz Potocki (2nd from left)
Schwarzschild Keller & George
Keller & George Jewelers was established in 1873 when F.A. Balthis opened the doors to his new jewelry business on Main Street in Charlottesville. His cousin Thomas S. Keller, a master engraver serving in the Monticello Guard, joined the firm a year later. In 1885, the two dissolved their partnership and set up separate companies. Harry Alexander George, a trained watchmaker, became a partner in Keller’s company in 1893, followed by the firm being re-named to Keller & George.
Keller & George is the oldest retail business in the Charlottesville/Albemarle region, and in 2017, it became part of the Schwarzschild family to provide the Charlottesville community with more of the world’s finest estate jewelry and internationally recognized brands. Today Schwarzschild Keller & George is home to many fine jewelry designers, such as John Hardy, Hearts on Fire, Lagos, Marco Bicego, Mikimoto and Roberto Coin. We also represent several Swiss timepiece brands, including Omega, Luminox, Frederique Constant, Raymond Weil and more.
Did You KNow?
The Only Omega Watch Retailer in Charlottesville Area
Large Collection of Estate Jewelry
Jewerly & Watch Repair and Appraisals
Favorite Wine, Beer or Cider
Lovingston Winery’s Cabernet Franc
Engagement Rings & Wedding Bands
Designer Jewelry, Watch & Jewelry Repairs
Diamonds & Appraisals
Interested in learning more?
Please complete the form below to learn more about Schwarzschild Keller & George services:
Keller & George is the oldest retail business in the Charlottesville/Albemarle region.