With Valentine’s Day almost here, many of us are thinking about how we want to celebrate. Scroll on for five romantic ideas to share with your special someone. Be sure to also check the Charlottesville Welcome Book for local Valentine’s Day-inspired events taking place throughout the next week.
1. Make a delicious wine-paired pork loin roast with vegetables. Toast to love over a romantic candlelit dinner. Click here for this delicious recipe from Feast!’s Kate Collier, or check out these other pairing ideas if you are in the mood to serve a different dish. Prefer to dine out? Consider one of these gourmet restaurants.
2. Enjoy a couple’s spa treatment. Sign up for a couple’s massage, facial or pedicure, and relax together. This Couple’s Facial and Pedicure Special at the romantic Med Spa of Virginia Total Wellness Center is one of many that you can enjoy locally.
3. Set up your own wine and chocolate pairing. Check out our Wine & Chocolate story in Book Three, and learn which wines pair well with the different Gearharts Fine Chocolates. Then, set up your own delectable tasting session for you and your significant other. This is a great post-meal way to enjoy hand-crafted chocolates on Valentine’s Day. (Photo below by Jen Fariello)
4. Plan a cozy stay-cation. Valentine’s Day is the perfect night to book an evening in one of our area inns or bed & breakfasts like the Inn at Willow Grove (pictured below). Enjoy local sparkling wine while you escape the rush of everyday life together.
5. Enjoy an evening on the town. Booking a limousine service, such as A & A Limousine or Top Shelf Transportation, gives you the freedom to spend and enjoy time together as a couple while visiting vineyards or just exploring the town, even if you do not have your plans solidified. ~
Lead Image by Jen Fariello
Virginia Wine & Country celebrates elevated living in Virginia Wine Country. Virginia Wine & Country Life is a semi-annual luxury print magazine with a full digital presence. The Virginia Wine & Country Gold Book is an annual guide to the top award-winning wines, wineries and experiences in Virginia Wine Country. The annual Virginia Wine & Country Wedding Planner is an art book of elegant Virginia weddings. The brand includes the Virginia Wine & Country Shop in Ivy, Va. It is a beautiful lifestyle boutique that brings the pages of the magazines to life. Virginia Wine & Country tells the stories of Virginia wineries, the farm-to-table movement, luxury travel, entertaining, art and the elegant country lifestyle. Ivy Life & Style Media also provides branding, web design and PR services for the wine industry.